Tungnath Temple can be reached by a moderately easy trek of 3.5km commencing from Chopta (2700mts). The region receives heavy snowfall during winters making Tungnath temple tough to access. The altitude of Tungnath Temple is approx 3600 mts.
ABOUT THE PLACE
- Chopta is popularly known as “Mini- Switzerland”.
- Tungnath is one of the highest Shiva temple in the world.
- Chopta is a small region of meadows and evergreen forest area which is a part of kedarnath wildlife sanctuary located in Uttarakhand state.
- Chopta is an unspoiled natural destination lying in the lap of Uttarakhand Himalayas and offers views of imposing Himalayan range including Trishul, Nanda Devi and Chaukhamba.
- Chandrashila top is located at height of about 13000 ft above sea level.
The Chopta- Tungnath – Chandrashila trek is a famous destinations for trekkers. The Chopta region has many treks and trails cuttings through jungles and grasslands
- Trek to one of the maximum Shiva temples in the international and discover utmost tranquility
- Capture a chance to explore specific villages, forests trails, huge maple, oak and pine trees, crystal clean lakeside, and much more
- Hike to 12,072 ft. and respect breathtaking views of Nanda Devi, Trishul, Kedar Peak, Bandarpuch, and Chaukhamba Peaks